This is a blog of my adventures in the kitchen. I always like to try new things, and I'm looking up different recipes constantly. Some recipes on here will be my own, some will be found recipes. Some will work, some won't. Trial and error, right? I'm no professional and I don't claim to be, I just enjoy cooking. :)

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fudge Truffle Cheesecake



[warning: This is NOT a healthy food. At over 500 calories for a SLIVER of a slice, it just might be a heart attack waiting to happen -- but what a way to go!]

I found this recipe online, and thought it would be perfect for Valentine's Day. It was incredibly rich... TOO rich... It was pretty good, but I don't think I'll be making it again. :) Ray couldn't eat more than a bite. lol...

***update: give the cheesecake a day or two in the fridge. The flavor completely changes -- in the best way! Yum! :)

I didn't use the crust in the original recipe, so if you want that part of it you'll need to click on the link. :) I used brownies for the crust.

Fudge Truffle Cheesecake

Things you'll need:

brownies
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).

I baked brownies for the crust, but it would be easier just to buy some. Or make a different crust of your choice. :)

Crush up the brownies, and press them into a 9 inch springform pan, bringing up the sides at least 2 inches.

Melt the chocolate. The recipe says to do this in a double boiler. I used the microwave. Just put it in a bowl (sorry for the ugly bowl) and pop it in the micro for 30 second intervals, stirring after each. It will take maybe 1:30.







In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy with an electric mixer.





Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth. Be sure to stop and scrape the sides a couple of times, to make sure it's really mixed in.



Mix in melted chocolate and vanilla, until thoroughly blended. Slightly beat the eggs, and then add them to the mix. Mix it in gently so you don't get air bubbles.



Pour the filling into the prepared crust -- My crust looks disgusting, I know... That's why I didn't post more pictures of the crust up above, when I was explaining it. haha.





Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 55 minutes*. The cake will seem underbaked in the center, but will continue to cook after you remove it from the oven.

*I took the advice of some of the reviewers and left the cheesecake in the over after I turned it off. I'm not sure if it was a good idea, or not... It still cracked a little bit, and it continued to cook longer than stated. So, up to you on that one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment