This is a blog of my adventures in the kitchen. I always like to try new things, and I'm looking up different recipes constantly. Some recipes on here will be my own, some will be found recipes. Some will work, some won't. Trial and error, right? I'm no professional and I don't claim to be, I just enjoy cooking. :)

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken a la Criolla



I found this recipe on skinnytaste.com, and will have a link to it with the recipe. It's fairly healthy, minus the rice. lol...

I didn't do step by step photos, since it's basically just throw it in the crock pot, turn it on, and done. :)

Okay, I'll be honest. This was yummy, but it wasn't my favorite thing ever... Would I eat it again? yeah... Will I cook it again? Probably not.

Crock Pot Chicken a la Criolla

What you'll need:


10 (2 lbs) skinless boneless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
1 small onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 bell pepper, chopped or sliced
4 plum tomatoes
2 tbsp alcaparrado or pitted spanish olives
8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cumin
salt to taste
1-2 bay leaf
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus 2 tbsp more for serving)

Place chicken, onion, garlic, pepper and tomatoes in the crock pot. Season with salt, cumin and oregano. Mix well so everything is seasoned.

Add tomato sauce, alcaparrado (or olives) along with 1 tbsp of the brine, 1/2 cup water, bay leaf and cilantro. Mix well and set crock pot to HIGH 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours. When done, taste for salt and seasoning and adjust spices as needed. Add 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro and serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment