This is a blog of my adventures in the kitchen. I always like to try new things, and I'm looking up different recipes constantly. Some recipes on here will be my own, some will be found recipes. Some will work, some won't. Trial and error, right? I'm no professional and I don't claim to be, I just enjoy cooking. :)

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Biscuits and Gravy Roll-ups




These are so simple.  Seriously...  And my husband loves them!   Growing up my mom used to make something similar to this for dinner.  Except, instead of sausage she would use ground beef and instead of gravy, she made cream and peas.  So delicious!  This is basically my breakfast version of that.

Okay, I'm not going to lie.  I used bisquick... Yep!  I cheated.  Don't want to use bisquick? By all means, go ahead and make your biscuit dough from scratch.  I'm sure it would be yummy!

Things you'll need:

Bisquick
Water
Ground sausage
Flour
Milk
Salt and Pepper to taste

First thing you need to do is brown up your sausage.  While you're browning, make sure to break it apart so you don't have super huge chunks of meat in it.  You want them small so they'll roll up well. :)

While that's browning, make the dough.  Tough job, really...  :P  Throw some bisquick in a bowl and add water until you get a doughy consistency.  Yep! That's it.  I'm easy like that.

Roll that dough out into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface.

When the sausage is done, sprinkle it on the dough, and roll it up.  Slice into 1 to 2 inch slices, or even 3 if ya wanna!  and place on a lightly greased sheet.  Bake at around 350 until the dough is cooked.

While you're baking those, make your gravy.  If your sausage didn't leave much grease behind, throw some butter in and melt it down.  Add some flour, I'd say 1/4 C or so, and stir it up.  Then, add your milk.  Don't add too much, though.  It's easier to add more if your gravy is too thick than to add more flour if you get it too thin.

Cook that until it's thick and bubbly, and salt and pepper to taste.

Pull the rolls out of the oven, place on plates and cover in gravy!  YUM! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment