This is a blog of my adventures in the kitchen. I always like to try new things, and I'm looking up different recipes constantly. Some recipes on here will be my own, some will be found recipes. Some will work, some won't. Trial and error, right? I'm no professional and I don't claim to be, I just enjoy cooking. :)

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza


So, I was a little worried about this one.  I didn't know how much I'd like pizza without any kind of tomato at all on it.  Seriously, it was really good. :)

This is a bit of an adaptation of several recipes I've found around.  Idon't have measurments, but it's pretty simple. What's new, eh? :P  I used a pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust, because I was in a hurry, and I happened to have one on hand.

Things you'll need:

Pizza crust
Bottled alfredo sauce
Chicken breast
Cooked ham (I used hormel cubed ham)
onion
mozzarella cheese, grated
swiss cheese, grated

First, you'll want to cook the chicken.  I cooked the chicken and the onion together, with salt and pepper.  When the chicken was cooked through, and the onions were soft, I added the ham to crisp it up a bit.

While that's cooking, roll out your pizza crust on a lightly greased cookie sheet.  Press it out as thin as you like.  I went pretty thin, pressing it almost to the edge.  Bake around 375 for 8 to 10 minutes.

Pull the crust out and spread alfredo sauce on it.  Then add the cheeses and the meat/onion mix.

Put back in the oven for another 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is gooey and the crust is browned. :)

Slice and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment