This is a blog of my adventures in the kitchen. I always like to try new things, and I'm looking up different recipes constantly. Some recipes on here will be my own, some will be found recipes. Some will work, some won't. Trial and error, right? I'm no professional and I don't claim to be, I just enjoy cooking. :)

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chicken and Tomato Fettuccine Alfredo


So, it's been a really busy summer.  I've been cooking quite a few quick dishes, this is one of them.   I was working late one night, my husband was out of town, and I just couldn't stand the thought of eating another canned soup.  I needed REAL food.  I dug around through my cupboards and fridge and found a few things I had lying around to make this dish.  I had bottled alfredo leftover from the cordon blue pizza I had made, so I decided on Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.  I didn't have any fettuccine, for some reason, so I just used spaghetti pasta.

As I was making it, and tasting, I felt like it needed something different.  I have one tomato plant outside, but it has grown SO MANY tomatoes, so I decided that a tomato was just what the dish needed. :)  So glad I made that decision.

What you'll need:

Fettuccine, or spaghetti in my case.
Chicken
Alfredo sauce
Tomato, diced
Oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Start your water for you pasta.  When it's boiling, add the pasta and cook according to package directions.

Cut your chicken up and cook in a little bit of olive oil, with some salt and pepper.  When that's cooked through, add your alfredo sauce and diced tomato and a bit of oregano (tsp or so).  Let that simmer on a low heat while the pasta cooks, to break down the tomato.  Taste and add salt and pepper if you feel it's needed.

When the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the sauce.  Mix it up and dish it out.

This is definitely a new favorite of mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment