This is a blog of my adventures in the kitchen. I always like to try new things, and I'm looking up different recipes constantly. Some recipes on here will be my own, some will be found recipes. Some will work, some won't. Trial and error, right? I'm no professional and I don't claim to be, I just enjoy cooking. :)

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Beef and Pasta



This is one of my favorites and it cooks up in less than 30 minutes. :)

Things you'll need:

1 to 1 1/2 lbs steak (I usually use sirloin, today tri-tip)
Approx 6 oz pasta (I usually use farfalle, today I used rotini)
1 onion, sliced
1 can tomato sauce
1 to 1 1/2 cup beef broth
1 to 2 tsp dried basil, or 2 tbsp fresh - chopped
parmesan
salt and pepper to taste

Thinly slice the steak.

Get your water boiling for your pasta, and get it cooking.

In a pan over medium heat add 3/4 to 1 cup of the broth and the sliced onions. Cook that until the liquid has mostly evaporated.



Put the onions in a separate bowl and set aside.

Add the sliced steak and some salt and pepper. Cook until cooked through. (obviously more than in the picture.) ;)



Throw the onions back in with the rest of the broth, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper.



Simmer and let it reduce down, 5 minutes or so...



Add the cooked pasta and stir it up.





Dish it up and top with grated parmesan. Aaaand done!

No comments:

Post a Comment