This is a blog of my adventures in the kitchen. I always like to try new things, and I'm looking up different recipes constantly. Some recipes on here will be my own, some will be found recipes. Some will work, some won't. Trial and error, right? I'm no professional and I don't claim to be, I just enjoy cooking. :)

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Creamy Chicken and Pasta


My husband bought some new wine today, and there's nothing I love more than trying new wine. ;) I decided to use some of it in the pasta dish, and the rest we'd drink. (It was delicious.)

The photo is terrible, but at least I can honestly say that this is a 100% Kasi original recipe. Turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. I'm sorry about measurements, I really just guess as I go.

Things you'll need:

Chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces (I used about 12 oz)
Pasta (I used wheat pasta)
Grape tomatoes
Mini bella mushrooms, or any mushroom really.
Dry white wine
Milk or cream
Parmesan cheese
Olive oil
Oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

Start your pasta water and cook your pasta according to package directions. Do this while making the other stuff.

Heat the oil in a large skillet and add chicken, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is browned and cooked completely through. Add some wine, I'd say about 1/2 cup, and let that simmer too cook the alcohol out. Doesn't take long... Add a handful of grape tomatoes and put a lid on the pan. Cook on a low/medium simmer until the tomatoes start to split. Add a handful of sliced mushrooms, about 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk or cream and 1/4 to 1/3 cup parmesan. Put the lid on and put it on low for a couple of minutes, and then turn off the heat until the pasta is done.

When your pasta is finished cooking, drain it and add it to the sauce. Mix together and serve.

If you want to know how to make the garlic toast, it's fairly simple. I used homemade bread sliced thick, but texas toast from the store would work well or even better slice a loaf of french bread.

Butter the bread with soft butter, then brush on a little olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt, dry parsley and parmesan. Put under the broiler and keep an eye on it until it's toasted.

2 comments: