This is a blog of my adventures in the kitchen. I always like to try new things, and I'm looking up different recipes constantly. Some recipes on here will be my own, some will be found recipes. Some will work, some won't. Trial and error, right? I'm no professional and I don't claim to be, I just enjoy cooking. :)

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Creamy Salsa Dip and Baked Tortilla Chips



I was in the mood for some kind of snack, and I truly am obsessed with chips and dip. lol... Only problem, chips and dip are usually high in calories and fat. If you use the right tortillas for this you can make the entire snack (chips AND dip) for less than 100 calories a serving. :)

Things you'll need:

Tortillas
Salt
Cooking spray
Salsa
Light sour cream
Fat free Greek yogurt, plain
chili powder
cumin

You could use any tortillas for this recipe but I used 70 calorie whole wheat tortillas. Slice the tortillas anyway you like and spread on a cookie sheet that's been sprayed with cooking spray. Do a quick spritz over the pieces and sprinkle salt on them. Bake at 400 - 450 until they brown a little and get crispy.

And that's all there is to the tortilla chips. :P

For the salsa dip mix maybe 1/4 to 1/3 cup salsa with a tablespoon of plain fat free greek yogurt and 2 or 3 tablespoons of light sour cream. Add a little chili powder and cumin and stir it up. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love making my own chips! This dip seems awesome. I'm a huge chips and dip freak as well, and any dip that you can add cumin to - I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you make it, let me know if you like it! :) One of my favorite dips is salsa and cream cheese but figured I should find something a little healthier. ;) This was thrown together on a whim, but I liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete