This is a blog of my adventures in the kitchen. I always like to try new things, and I'm looking up different recipes constantly. Some recipes on here will be my own, some will be found recipes. Some will work, some won't. Trial and error, right? I'm no professional and I don't claim to be, I just enjoy cooking. :)

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Grilled Muenster and Tomato



So, I fell off of the "health wagon" tonight. :)

I'm not even sure why I'm posting this, because it's just a basic grilled cheese sandwich. lol...

Anyway, what you'll need:

Muenster
Bread (homemade or something similar - so you don't get a flat sandwich)
tomato
butter
salt and pepper

Okay, get your griddle or pan heating.

Butter the your bread.

Layer sandwich like this:

Bread, butter side down
Two slices of cheese
One of two tomatoes, depending on bread size)
Salt and pepper
Two more slices of cheese
bread, butter side up

Now grill. Keep an eye on it. You don't want to grill this at a super high heat. The tomato slows down the cheese melting just a little. If it starts getting too dark on one side, flip it over. Continue until the cheese is melted. :)

Like I said, basic grilled cheese -- but OH SO DELICIOUS! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yet grilled cheese sandwiches are amazing, and I love the combo you've done here. I must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely do! :) With any cheese, really. I just love the mild flavor of muenster. Some cheeses over power the yummy tomato flavor. :)

    ReplyDelete