This is a blog of my adventures in the kitchen. I always like to try new things, and I'm looking up different recipes constantly. Some recipes on here will be my own, some will be found recipes. Some will work, some won't. Trial and error, right? I'm no professional and I don't claim to be, I just enjoy cooking. :)

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fizzy Sangria



Since this blog is called "Bread & Wine" I figured I should probably post at least ONE wine drink, eh? :) So, here it is. I really have no idea what to name this. lol... I actually got the idea from a pin I saw on pinterest (love pinterest). The one I saw there had different types of fruit in it, but I was in a very strawberry mood tonight, so I just used strawberries.

How do you say strawberry? My husband always teases me for the way I say it. I pronounce it "Straw-Brie", he says "Straw-Bear-EE". *shrug* Side track, sorry... ;)

Anyway, here's what you'll need:

Sprite
Red wine (I used merlot -- just because I love merlot.)
Fruit (I used strawberries)

I guessed on amounts, so just play around with it to your own liking.

First, slice the fruit and place in a glass.

Next, add some ice.

Add the sprite and wine (I used about 6oz sprite, 4 oz merlot.)

Stir it up, and drink! Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. We are in sync on this one! I just made something similar yet I would MUCH rather drink this one. Strawberries in wine? Yum!

    ReplyDelete