This is a blog of my adventures in the kitchen. I always like to try new things, and I'm looking up different recipes constantly. Some recipes on here will be my own, some will be found recipes. Some will work, some won't. Trial and error, right? I'm no professional and I don't claim to be, I just enjoy cooking. :)

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo



My husband is heading out of town tonight for work, so I wanted to make one of his favorites before he leaves. I decided to make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, except I used linguine. He prefers linguine over fettuccine, so why not? :)

It really is much simpler than some would think.

What you'll need:

2 chicken breasts, cubed
italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp olive oil
Fettuccine
4 tbsp butter
1 shallot, minced
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 C heavy cream
1 C grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
flat leaf parsley, to garnish (optional)

First, get your pasta water boiling. Then cook your pasta the way you like it. I like mine al dente. I used a 1 lb box of linguine and it was WAY too much. My dish ended up a little drier than I would have liked.

Next, heat your oil in a pan.



Add your chicken, salt, pepper and spices. No, I don't have an issue with using dry italian seasonings. If you do, then don't use it. ;)

Cook until chicken is cooked all the way through.





Remove chicken from pan, and set aside.

Okay, here's the change I made. I went to the store today to buy a shallot, I got home and peeled it to mince it. It was moldy! Can you believe it?! I just bought it today!! So, I used onion instead. :)

In the same pan that you used to cook your chicken, melt your butter and add your shallot to saute. Saute the shallot for about a minute, maybe two and then add your garlic.






Add the cream and let it simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce.






Add the cheese, let it melt, and then add your chicken.





Add the sauce to your pasta, mix to coat. Dish on a plate, top with fresh italian parsley and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment