This is a blog of my adventures in the kitchen. I always like to try new things, and I'm looking up different recipes constantly. Some recipes on here will be my own, some will be found recipes. Some will work, some won't. Trial and error, right? I'm no professional and I don't claim to be, I just enjoy cooking. :)

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Garlic Smashed Potatoes



Okay, I don't have step by step pictures for this one this time. I was halfway through it before I thought about it. lol... I also don't have exact measurements. It's sort of one of those "throw it together until it tastes good" kind of foods. :)

Things you'll need:

Red potatoes
Garlic
Sour Cream
Milk or cream
Butter
Salt
Pepper
Italian Parsley (optional)

Cut your potatoes into cubes, with the skins on. Peel a clove or two (or three or four) of garlic. Depending on how many potatoes you're cooking, and how garlicky you want it. :P Give them a good "whack" to smash them and throw them in a pot with the potatoes. Add salt and add enough water to cover the potatoes.

Boil until soft - until a fork slides through easily.

Drain. Put back in pot.

Throw in a pat or two of butter, a scoop or two of sour cream, a splash of milk, salt and pepper to taste. Smash it up.

Taste.

Do you like it?

No?

Add what you think it needs...

Like it now?

Good. :)

Now, chop up some parsley and stir it into the mix...

There you have it... Garlic smashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment