This is a blog of my adventures in the kitchen. I always like to try new things, and I'm looking up different recipes constantly. Some recipes on here will be my own, some will be found recipes. Some will work, some won't. Trial and error, right? I'm no professional and I don't claim to be, I just enjoy cooking. :)

Monday, October 17, 2011

Oven Roasted Butternut Squash



So, this is something I threw together tonight, to use up the leftover squash from the Dinner in a Pumpkin in my last post. This recipe would also work great with yams.

What you'll need:

Butternut squash
butter
brown sugar

You could add some cinnamon, if you'd like. :)

Also, this recipe could be altered to make more of a savory dish, rather than sweet. You could use some garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper in place of the brown sugar. Yum! :)

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Spray a baking dish with non stick spray.

Peel and slice the squash. I sliced about 1/2 inch thick. Be sure you've removed the "guts" and seeds. Then make a layer in baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and diced butter.



Make another layer of squash, brown sugar and butter.



Cover with aluminum foil and pop into the oven.

Bake for 45 minutes, or so (Yeah, that's a technical term), until the squash is cook. A fork should slide through it easily.



I actually wish I would have baked it half of the time with the cover off, to brown the top just a bit.

When you dish it up, be sure to drizzle some of that delicious sauce over the top.

That's it. Pretty simple, eh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment