This is a blog of my adventures in the kitchen. I always like to try new things, and I'm looking up different recipes constantly. Some recipes on here will be my own, some will be found recipes. Some will work, some won't. Trial and error, right? I'm no professional and I don't claim to be, I just enjoy cooking. :)

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pizza



Pizza is definitely not one of my bests, but it sounded delicious so I figured I'd give it a go. :)

Things you'll need:

Dough**
14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
8 oz can tomato sauce
Italian seasoning
fresh italian parsley
mozzarella
parmesan
olive oil
Your favorite pizza toppings

**I used the same recipe as my bread dough recipe from an earlier post. But I halved it and only used about a teaspoon of sugar.

Make dough as in instructed in the white bread recipe. Let it rise for an hour, separate it into 2 balls and let it rise another 15 minutes.

While you're letting your dough rise for the last 15 minutes, preheat the oven to 450 and make the sauce.

Put the can of stewed tomatoes in a sauce pan and mash them up a bit. Add the tomato sauce and italian seasoning. Add the parsley.







Let that simmer together for about 10 minutes.

Stretch the dough until it's rounded and about 1/4 inch thick -- leaving it just slightly thicker around the edge for the crust.

With a pastry brush, or just using your hands, rubs a thin layer of olive oil on the dough.

Add the sauce.




Add the cheeses.



Add the toppings. I made mine a margherita pizza - adding only fresh basil, but my husband likes meat. lol... So, I added dry salami to his.





Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, until it's where you like it. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment